Covid Reopening Update
Abundant Life Church of the Nazarene CoVid Response
We are happy to announce it is time to begin the process of reopening the Church! Every effort will be made to mitigate the risks to those who wish to attend. These precautions are listed below.
- CDC suggests that all vulnerable individuals should continue to shelter in place. CDC defines Vulnerable Individuals as the elderly, those with chronic and underlying health issues such as: high blood pressure, lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those with compromised immune systems.
- Return when you feel comfortable, and don’t feel pressured to return before you are able to do so safely. Your health is important.
- We will disinfect surfaces and clean all areas in preparation for returning parishioners.
- We ask that all attendees keep social distancing guidelines.
- We will refrain from shaking hands and hugging until it is safe.
- Feel free to wear gloves and facemask if it makes you feel comfortable.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the foyer and sanctuary.
- We will continue to provide online services throughout and after this crisis ends.
During this process it will be difficult to project dates into the future as they will depend on the guidelines from the CDC which will be based on data gathered on a daily basis. As this information becomes available your Church Board will meet to prayerfully consider and plan appropriately to open the Church in phases. As we do the information will be made available.
An overview of the phases (which are subject to change) are as follows:
Phase 1 – Sunday Morning Worship Service
Gov. McMaster has declared that Close Contact Businesses can reopen with precautions and limitations. Close Contact businesses include pools, gyms, barber shops, and tattoo shops. These guidelines also include large venues such as houses of worship. The Church is able to provide space for social distancing without close contact. Starting now, you are welcome to attend Sunday Morning Worship Service at 10:30 AM. This, the first opening, will give us a chance to observe public response and gauge how to proceed with further opening.
Phase 2 – Wednesday Small groups in large space (Bible Study and Youth)
Once we receive further updates from the State and CDC we will move forward with gathering for small groups such as Sunday School, Bible Studies, and Children’s ministry. Theses openings will require additional stipulations:
- Groups will move to larger spaces so that social distancing will be possible
- All surfaces, especially Children’s areas, will disinfected more strenuously and frequently
- Physical conduct will be minimized, and Vulnerable Individuals are still directed to shelter in place.
Phase 3 – Total open, Wednesday meals, and all small groups
When our state shows no evidence of rebound of the virus, and we meet the gating criteria, all restrictions will be removed. In this Phase, all areas of the ministry will resume, while continuing to practice common sense care of each other. Vulnerable individuals will be able to resume public interaction, but should practice physical distancing.
How you can keep yourself safe
- Continue to practice Good Hygiene
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer especially after touching items or surfaces
- Avoid touching your face
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow
- Disinfect surfaces frequently
- Consider using face and hand coverings while in public
We are continuing to join together in prayer that this crisis will soon be behind us. Until then, know that you are prayed for, and that you are not alone even in isolation because God is with you.